Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Simpson University Graduation Moment



After receiving her diploma from Simpson University last fall, a student celebrates with other graduates (I don't often get the identifications with photos I shoot at Simpson).

I love the energy from this new graduate. She was just so excited to share her accomplishment with her family and friends. She is totally in the moment.

All too often we are wrapped up in our busy lives. We are on our cell phones, texting friends, listening to our iPods or daydreaming about another place and we are not present in the moment.

I am guilty of this myself. I am not happy about it but it is what I do. One think about photography is you don't get the opportunity to do anything else but pay attention to what you are photographing.

I'll talk more about this in future postings.

Technically Speaking:
This was shot with a Nikon D300 and a 17-55/2.8 lens on the camera. I had the ISO set to 200. The aperture was f/10.0 and the shutter speed was 1/200th of a second. I used a fill flash with a diffuser to fill shadows. The focal length of the lens was 48mm.

Feel free to e-mail me at myshutter@mac.com.

Also check out my website at www.burkephotography.biz. I have a selection of local stock art.

No comments: